At ViewForward we believe that marketing should be built into the DNA of every business.
"Marketing is not only much broader than selling, it is not a specialized activity at all. It encompasses the entire business. It is the whole business seen from the point of view of its final result, that is, from the customer's point of view. Concern and responsibility for marketing must therefore permeate all areas of the enterprise."
- Peter Drucker
Contrary to Drucker's view, for most businesses concern and responsibility for marketing does not permeate all areas of the enterprise. While it is true that for some businesses marketing is becoming a dispersed capability, it would be a stretch to say that concern and responsibility permeates all areas of the enterprise.
Some of the issues we address in this practice area include:
- Who are the people, groups, organizations and partners who carry out marketing?
- What are their roles?
- What are their skills and competencies?
- How well do they work together?
- How is your marketing organization structured?
- What are your organization's marketing culture, orientations and behaviors?
- Does marketing span functional or organizational boundaries?